Home bread on yeast everyone can bake. The main thing here is to gain patience and be in a good mood. After all, we all heard from our mothers and grandmothers that the dough absorbs all our emotions.
Most of all I like in the preparation of bread at home – this is knowledge about its composition. The stores have a large selection of bread, but I do not always like what it is made of. Either some thickeners, then preservatives, or even taste amplifiers are sometimes found. It’s easy to cook homemade bread. It will be not only tasty, but also healthy.
Earlier I published a chiabatta recipe – bread with large holes, you can read it Here . Today I propose a classic version of home bread on yeast in the oven.
Ingredients for making bread at home
To make bread, be sure to use warm water, about 40 degrees. If the water is cold, then the yeast will not begin to work, and if hot, then they will cook and die. Use yeast only high -quality, proven.
- Wheat flour – 350 gr.
- Dry yeast – 1 tsp
- Warm water – 220 ml.
- Vegetable oil – 35 ml.
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – 0.5 tsp.
Step -by -step recipe for cooking bread at home
In order not to waste time, it is best to check whether you have high -quality yeast. We do this as follows – pour a little warm milk into a bowl, pour yeast, mix, cover with a towel and remove for 15 minutes in a warm place. If, after time, a yeast “hat” appears, then the yeast is “alive” and work, you can start preparing bread from them. If nothing appears, then the yeast is spoiled and the baking will not work.
- We sift wheat flour through a sieve so that it is enriched with oxygen. So our bread will be magnificent.
- Add all dry ingredients to the flour – dry yeast, salt and sugar. Mix so that they are distributed evenly in flour.
- Pour warm water and vegetable oil into the flour mixture. Knead the dough. It should not be liquid or very cool. Everyone is different for everyone, so the amount can vary. If the dough is liquid, you can add more flour.
- We collect the dough in the ball, lubricate the other bowl with a sunflower small and put the dough in it. We cover with a towel and remove in a place where there are no drafts and heat.
- After 40-50 minutes, the dough should be suitable, that is, it will increase by 2.5-3 times. We crush the dough and form round or oblong bread from it. We make incisions on top. We spread on a baking sheet sprinkled with flour. We leave for proofing for 15-20 minutes. While the bread is parting, you can already heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- We spray a little dough on top with water and put in a preheated oven. We bake homemade bread for 20-25 minutes. The time is approximate, since everyone has different oven. Bread should be browned, then you can take it out.
- We don’t touch the bread right away, let him cool on a baking sheet, and then we remove, cut and eat with pleasure!
I really like such bread, it is tasty and without any chemical additives. You can also try to experiment and cook bread based on different flour – whole -grain, rye or oatmeal. Enjoy your meal!
Author photo on the cover: Kate Remmer